Mailing List

Subscribe to my highly unannoying monthly mailing list:

Matt Roberts' Music Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Little Prince Suite World Premier - April 16th, 5:15pm!


Hey, this Little Prince thing is really happening! Soon! This Saturday in fact!

The Little Prince Suite is a project that I've been working on for over two years, and it is finally ready for it's premier - this Saturday, April 16th, at Walter Hall.  The suite is a continuous hour-long, seven-movement composition, featuring my jazz quintet Circles along with a string quartet.  It tells the story of the little prince from the much-loved book by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. It will feature short excerpts from the book (read by the musicians) as well as images from the book, projected behind the band.  If you really want to know all the details, check this site, which I constructed for the musicians

Did I mention it is my graduation recital, which wraps up my studies in the masters in jazz program at U of T?

Anyway, it is going to be amazing, and I hope you can come!

Back to main blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment